Picture this, the thick of the summer of 2013 and you find yourself at the amazing One Ocean Resort in beautiful Atlantic beach. You’re there with hundreds of like minded coders, developers and software engineers, learning, living and having fun. Oh and did we mention your wife and kids are hanging out by one of the pools or on the sandy beach? This sounds like a great “working” vacation right?
It’s a reality at Code On The Beach, a software engineering conference in Atlantic Beach August 16th-18th. The conference will cover topics from ASP.NET MVC to Windows Azure to HTML5 to SQL to mobile. Friday will feature intro and beginner tracks while Saturday and Sunday will feature intermediate to advanced level content. Conference organizers have made the session length longer so you can “dive in”, but they’ve also structured the event so you can literally take some time and “dive in” to the ocean.
- Intro sessions on Friday afternoon
- Intermediate to Advanced sessions on Saturday and Sunday
- Great hospitality with a full beach resort experience
- Family-friendly: bring your spouse and kids
- Top speakers from across Florida and the U.S.
- Longer session length allows for deeper dives
- Open Space track where you can speak on any topic you desire
- Nightly hackathons to benefit local non-profits
- Opportunities to meet local industry leaders and employers
- Steps from the session rooms to the beach or beachfront pool
- Walking distance to excellent local beach dining and nightlife
- Early registration starting at just $99 (compare to other weekend conferences!)
So if you’re like me and constantly on the road to conferences and events leaving your husband or wife at home to tend to the kids, no worries, Code on the beach will be a vacation for them too:
- Catch sun or waves at the beautiful Atlantic Beach
- Lay back or splash at the beachfront pool, with poolside docent services (hotel guests only)
- Relax and get quality treatment at the ocean view hotel spa (hotel guests only)
- Visit the 24/7 fitness center for exercise (hotel guests only)
- Walk to nearby beach shops, dining, and nightlife
- Attend beginner programming sessions so they can get in on the conference action too
- Hack on projects with you at nightly Hackathons by Ignite for local non-profits
- Travel to nearby attractions like the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens, Adventure Landing Water Park, and Talbot Island State Parks
For more information visit codeonthebeach.com