Techstars, the world renowned accelerator network has been beefing up there offerings with new locations, like Techstars Chicago and new vertical accelerators in conjunction with Microsoft and Nike. When announced late last year, the startup space was on fire over the possibilities that would come from an accelerator driven by Nike and TechStars.
The Nike accelerator is buit around their NikeFuel digital platform and the Nike Fuel band.
“We are excited by the response to the Nike+ Accelerator and the high caliber of applicants to the program,” Stefan Olander, Nike’s vice president of digital sport, said in a news release. “We recently celebrated the first year of NikeFuel, and the Accelerator program is a natural next step to broaden and enhance the Nike+ ecosystem – allowing Nike to offer richer experiences to athletes of all levels.”
As with most TechStars branded accelerators, hundreds of teams applied. Here are the 10 that were chosen, as reported by the Portland Business Journal.
- FitDeck (San Diego, Calif.) — Digital decks of exercise playing cards that deliver ever-changing workouts for fitness and sports. (Fitdeck.com)
- GoRecess (New York) — Helps users find, book and review fitness activities. (Gorecess.com)
- Chroma.io — Indie game studio that creates virtual worlds tied to real-world activity. (jumpbots.chroma.io)
- CoachBase — Provides a digital sports coaching platform. (Coachba.se)
- GoFitCause — Leverages fitness data as a means of raising money for charities. (Gofitcause.com)
- HighFive — Ad network for health and fitness apps that helps people achieve goals by rewarding them along their journey. (Highfive.io)
- Sprout At Work (Toronto) — Provider of corporate wellness solutions using social and gamification tools to inspire employees and employers. (Sproutatwork.com)
- GeoPalz (Boulder, Colo.) — An interactive gaming and rewards platform for kids and families. (Geopalz.com)
- Incomparable Things — Creates activity-driven fantasy sports leagues. (Incomparablethings.com)
- RecBob (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) — Offers a platform that makes recreational sports easy by organizing play. (Recbob.com)
Find out more about TechStars here.