St. Louis’ Information Technology Entrepreneur Network released a great infographic on Tuesday highlighting the goings on in St.Louis. This was just ahead of the Startup Connections conference that happened in St. Louis yesterday.
Although we’re not based there we do consider St. Louis one of our second startup and technology homes and even spotlight their tech scene, sometimes more than their own local sites. St. Louis is ripe for startups and entrepreneurs. In fact when looking at St. Louis from the outside, all of Brad Feld’s “Boulder Thesis” is in place in St. Louis.
Aside from that though, the infographic put together by iTen tells a great story. Take a look at some of these factoids.
- New York’s cost of living is 145% higher than St. Louis
- Seattle, Silicon Valley, Boston and Austin also have higher costs of living than St. Louis
- Washington University (St. Louis) Entrepreneurship Program is ranked 6th in the nation
- Missouri ranked top 10 (6th) in the Kauffman Foundation’s Entrepreneurship Index
- St. Louis has 9 strong investor firms
- St. Louis startups have raised nearly half a billion dollars