It’s no secret that smartphone adoption in the United States is growing rapidly. The fastest growing segment of new smartphone users are tweens and teens between the ages of 13-17. While parents want their teenagers to have the features, and independence that come with a new smartphone, this is also a risky proposition for some.
Responsible parents and guardians want their children to have access to the latest technology and at the same time keep them safe. While it’s hard enough to monitor your children’s whereabouts 24/7 it’s even harder to monitor their smart phone usage. You want to know if your children are accessing inappropriate websites, if they’re using the phone in school or in class, and if they’ve become the target of cyber bullying via mobile.
NQ Mobile, a global leader in mobile security has now released NQ Family Guardian to help protect children from those issues and a whole lot more. NQ Family Guardian was designed and crafted with the same attention to functionality and protection that all of their other products are known for. The comprehensive suite of tools protects children from harassing phone calls, allows parents to set up phone usage hours and more:
- Browser Blocker: Safeguard your children by blocking inappropriate websites
- App Filter: Make smart choices about which apps your children can access
- Contact Filter: Help your kids fight spam text and harassing calls by adding numbers to their block lists
- Schedules: Control your children’s mobile phone use by setting up times when they can unlock their phones to make calls, browse the Internet, text, and more
- Monitors: Keep track of your children’s locations, messages, calls, browsing histories, app downloads, and photos
- Geo-Fences: Set up a safe zone to for your children and receive a notification when they’re outside of this safe zone
- Check-in: Get check-in messages when your children arrive safely at their destinations. You can also track their location if they forget to check in
- Panic Alarm: If your kids are in trouble, they can send an alert message to your phone with their exact location
“Recent Nielsen research shows that 58% of kids aged 13-17 own smartphones, and that number is expected to continue to climb. While most teens admit they’ve been given rules to follow, such rules have been difficult to enforce – until now,” said Gavin Kim, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. “With NQ Family Guardian, parents now have the ability to unobtrusively manage their kids’ mobile phone usage while also ensuring a safe and fun experience. ”
NQ Mobile Co-CEO Omar Khan told nibletz.com directly “NQ Mobile is extremely proud to extend our product line to include NQ Family Guardian. This is a suite of services which helps parents manage, monitor and protect their children’s mobile experiences. With this product, NQ Mobile is working to help parents raise responsible cyber-citizens.”
NQ Mobile’s NQ Family Guardian is available now in the Google Play store check out the link below.