No, we did’t misspell “greatest” in that headline.
Greatist is an web startup about health and wellness. It’s an expert community driven resource that helps you reach fitness, health, and happiness goals. Whether you’re looking for great healthy recipes, workout tips, or even how to get over a hangover, Greatist offers a variety of wellness and health related content.
While the content on Greatist.com is overflowing, the team at Greatist encourages their users to take it slow, one week at a time. The startup’s mission is to inspire and inform the world to make at least one healthier decision per week. Whether you want to lose weight, eat better, get stronger, get motivated, relieve stress, or just start working out, Greatist offers the content you need, in an easy-to-read format for all of their users.
Derek Flanzraich has been an entrepreneur since his first “lemonade stand” startup dog walking business. All the while friends, family members, and new acquaintances would ask him what drove him, and one of those main ingredients was health and wellness. That’s why he created Greatist.
Flanzraich has been featured by Forbes as an up and comer. That’s also why Andrew Warner, the founder of Mixergy, (and another Everywhere Else Cincinnati speaker) interviewed Flanzraich on his popular site Mixergy, home of the ambitious startup.
Flanzraich told Warner in the interview that he thought of product first, in his case the content on Greatist, before he thought about revenue and traffic, a healthy recipe that seems to be working out.
Flanzraich can talk about his experience building a school newspaper in middle school, a political forum in high school, or a web TV show and network at Harvard. He can also talk about how he joined Clicker, a startup that sold to CBS for hundreds of millions, right before exit. He even picked the startup route over joining Google. Then he can talk about building Greatist into the greatest. Why people come, why they stay, and what he has learned in his career in new media.
Check out Flanzraich’s site, Greatist, here
Flanzraich joins the growing list of confirmed national speakers for Everywhere Else Cincinnati:
- Naithan Jones, Founder agLocal
- Andrew Warner, Founder Mixergy
- Andy Sparks, Co-Founder Mattermark (backed by NEA and a16z)
- Wil Schroter, Mr. Ohio, founder of Fundable
- Jake Stutzman, founder evlevate.co
- Jonathon Perrelli, Managing Director, Fortify Ventures
- Justin Gutwein, Filmmaker and Entrepreneur startupland.tv
- Mark Hasebroock, Founder Dundee Venture Capital
- Jason Healy, Founder, Blu
- John Bracken, Founder e-vite and Speek
- Dave Knox, CMO Rockfish, co-founder, Brandery
- Patrick Woods, Managing Director a>m ventures
- Sarah Ware, Founder Markerly
- John T. Meyer, Founder lemon.ly
- Raghu Betina, Managing Patner, The Starter League
- Ryan O’Connell, VP Influence & Company
- Blake Miller, Managing Director, Think Big Accelerator
- Michael Bergman, Founder Repp.
Get your ticket or Startup Village Booth for Everywhere Else Cincinnati below.