This weekend if you’re in the Memphis area and an entrepreneur you should probably go ahead and skip the heat and humidity and head indoors to EmergeMemphis (516 Tennessee Street) to Launch Memphis 48 hour launch event.
The event takes the format of a typical startup weekend but your time is actually shaved down six hours.
Friday will start off with a 2 minute pitch contest for ideas that entrepreneurs have.From there teams will be put together to launch these new ideas and the teams will have until Sunday evening at 7pm to build their idea, test their idea and present it to the crowd.
This event will be great for the startup community in Memphis and for entrepreneurs to test out ideas. As with the 54 hour startup weekend events across the world, some entrepreneurs take ideas that they aren’t 100% sure on and flesh them out. We’ve seen some great startups born out of a weekend’s worth of work.
More after the break
It’s a round the clock hackathon format but event co-organizer Elizabeth Lemmonds suggests that only the die hard “lionhearted” teams will work continuously around the clock. No worries if you are though, with your $40 entry fee you’ll get plenty of food and caffeine to energize you through the event.
According to the Launch Memphis website other benefits include:
- Launch brand new tech-supported companies, contributing toward our local innovation economy and creating jobs;
- Learn by doing, experiencing firsthand entrepreneurial principles that can be applied to any endeavor or work environment;
- Connect with like-minded and talented professionals, expanding your network;
- Play an active role in Memphis’ entrepreneurial community, volunteering your current skills while learning new ones;
- Eat and drink well, including all meals and copious amounts of coffee and Red Bull; and
- Be a part of something this collaborative, creative and cool?!
Also the Sunday winners will get their pitch and presentation featured on nibletz.com “The Voice Of Startups Everywhere Else” (and did we mention between the site and social media we have an aggregate audience of 4 million per day).
Although we don’t charge for coverage, we are backed up at least 60 days for most submissions (unless a startup just wows our editorial team) so you’ll get featured next week while your idea is still fresh.
For more information visit this page at LaunchMemphis.com
We’re the voice of startups everywhere else, check out these cool stories from everywhere else